Thursday, September 16, 2010

Your words

As you walk past a stranger, look in their eyes, try to see their story. We are sometimes so consumed in our own lives that we walk past people all day long and never "see" them. I am sometimes one of those people, but as I found out from my husband, who talks to people all day long, if you just give someone a smile or a hello it could change their whole day. My husband was talking to someone the other day and found out that he was in War War II, well my husband stuck his hand out and shook the older gentlemans hand and said "Thank you for what you did for our freedom". The guy was literally shocked and had tears in his eyes and said "you will never know how much that means to me coming from you". I truly believe that it changed that mans whole day. If we could just reach our hand out and try to help others I believe we could start changing the world person by person. And make that certain person fill like they are worth it, God believes you are worth it. Nothing is ever too much for him. Just trust and believe!

In his name,
Brandy

2 comments:

  1. How sweet of your husband!! I know that gentleman was deeply moved...you're right, we all need to be aware that we aren't put here to only live for ourselves. The world would be a better place if we all were just a little kinder to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kayla! I am so blessed that you take time to read my blog. And you are right about the world being a better place if we would just take time out of our busy lives to give a kind word or even a smile to a stranger! :)

    ReplyDelete